Friday, April 6, 2018

First Quarter Fiber Challenge Reveal

Alright - a little late, but here's the reveal to the First Quarter Fiber Challenge!  You can read in depth about the challenge here.


This is the photograph I chose as an inspiration.  We often have cold, foggy mornings in January and when the fog freezes out it covers everything in sparkling diamonds!  These are leftover Queen Anne's Lace blooms that were just as beautiful when I took this photo as they were in all their summer glory.

I had a hard time deciding which of my many ideas to make!  Finally, I decided on embroidery.  I pieced together denim and a scrap of curtain voile and then embroidered on top of that.  The plan here is to make a pillow with it, but that hasn't happened yet!


It's really hard to see in the photo, but I used sparkling thread for the little star shapes and then also ran it up the stems.  I went through dozens of tries to get how it really looks, but it just didn't work well!


Now if everything works right, you can add your piece inspired by the photograph by clicking below.  There will be information to fill out that will link the photo to your blog, facebook post, instagram post, .... some place that you wrote about what you made.  If you don't have a spot to link to, contact me and I'll get your photo up on this blog.  





Tune in on Monday to see the next quarter's inspiration!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment