Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Inspiration - Big Little Felt Universe

I know that quite of few of you like making things from felt as much as I do!  So I wanted to share a new book I just got - Big Little Felt Universe by Jeanette Lim.  This is amazing!  Usually, when I want to make something from felt (like the food I design), I gather a lot of pictures of the real food and start drafting patterns and waiting for inspiration.  I don't buy felt books or felt patterns - I like to make them my own way.  However .... when I saw this book, I had to have it!  And this is the felt set that sent me over -




Jeanette has really good instructions and loads of photos, so I'm anticipating her projects will go together easily.  You can look through some of the book on Amazon here.  The cake .... mmmm!  And I'll finally learn how to do piped whipped cream, something I haven't been able to figure out.







There are so many projects here, it's mind boggling!  I thought I'd show you some of my favorites:









I see a lot more felt in my future!  But first, the campfire set - complete with s'mores!

Happy Creating!  Deborah



2 comments:

  1. Such great little projects! I have contemplated buying this book and decided against it...until now...seeing it again makes me wish it was sitting on my inspirational bookshelf.
    Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU so much for featuring this book. I switched directly to my library site and put a copy on reserve for me. My grands are getting to be "just about" old enough for fun things like this. Can't wait to see what's in there.

    ReplyDelete