Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Inspiration - Jacque Davis' Quilts

I'm not sure if this is normal, but every year when summer is approaching I start feeling the urge to quilt!  Quilting just seems to be more of a cold weather endeavor, but since I usually have more free time in the summer I end up with piles of warm, cozy fabric in my lap - and the air conditioning moved up a couple of notches.

Spring Unraveled




I recently found the website of quilting artist Jacque Davis and have been inspired by her use of color, texture, and stitch designs.  Take a look at her gallery for more inspiration.



Jacque dyes much of the fabric she uses and the unique fabrics in her quilts are one of the things I especially love.  This is a detail of Life on Mars.

Noble Accents






Her artist statement on the home page tells of how her work speaks of our connectedness and of how she uses cloth to represent the layers of our dreams.  Very inspiring!

I also want to thank you all for understanding my longer than anticipated absence this past two weeks.  While on a short visit to my son and daughter-in-law, a death in her family made my presence necessary to help care for little c.  I've been inspired by the kindness and love of her grandmother for many years and shall greatly miss her.  Rest in peace, Maryann.

See you Monday with a new project - Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment