Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday Sewing - Remodeling with Lace


I've noticed a lot of lace on clothes lately and am loving it!  What happened to the lace in my wardrobe?  There used to be quite a bit, but for some reasons there's none left.  I had some lace I took off of a thrift store vest, a white knit shirt from Goodwill - this was meant to be!


I first dyed the shirt with Procion pewter and didn't like it.  So I over dyed the shirt with Procion Cobalt Blue.  Much better!  The shirt had a small placket with two buttons - I cut those two buttons off, pinned the lace over it (and extended it a bit to make a longer placket), and continued up and around the back of the collar back to the front.  


I then hand sewed the lace on.  The buttons were already sewn onto the lace, so I didn't have to sew them on separately.


Hmmm - I think this is the beginning of getting lace back in my wardrobe!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

2 comments:

  1. I so enJOY coming to your site each day to see what different idea you have. Not too much is new to me, but just about all of your ideas are new for me. Love your blog & it's pics. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great little touch to make t-shirts and henleys more interesting!

    ReplyDelete